Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Sunday, April 22, 2007

BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA Film Review - 22/4/07

A few years ago I read "IT" by Stephen King and not only did it remind me of parts of my childhood like no other book or film has done since but it scared the shit out of me because I actually started to believe in it and thought Pennywise was out to get me. This unusual children's film does not pull any punches in a similar way about the soaring flights of imagination that humans can have and brings it all down to reality by showing how shitty a child's life can be when they are young and how some things phenomenally make up for that with other passions. Simply told it features Josh Hutcherson (From "Zathura") and Anna Sophia Robb (From Tim Burton's "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" remake) discovering their own make-believe world with good casting of Robert Patrick as Jesse's Dad and Zooey Deschanel as his Music Teacher. Mixing a blend of CGI and reality it has some choke-up moments and even a tear or two as things play out. Another film that has reminded me of my childhood running through the woods (When they were still there of course instead of a Housing Estate and Pub now!) and fighting school bullies in various forms. This is the type of film that Walt Disney should be investing their money in!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home