Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Sunday, April 08, 2007

MIRRORMASK (DVD Review) - 8/4/07

Mr. Periwinkle urged me to see this and I thought it would not be my "cup of tea" so to speak. It wasn't either I'm afraid to say! Like a bag of spanners dropping on your head from a second-storey window block of flats; it put me in mind of one of those late seventies animated films from Europe, that just run riot off at a tangent and just are totally bizarre. I expected something strange from both Dave McKean and Neil Gaiman and strange was what I got - It was like watching "Labyrinth" on acid and had a spoilt brat confronting the real world who really needed to grow up. I think I'll stay with the graphic novels in the "Sandman" series which is about my limit.
Girl who is stroppy teenager ends up in her own flights of fantasy and treks across a collaged landscape looking for the "charm" that will hopefully set right the havoc she has caused in a coming of age saga between the light/dark sides of herself (maybe?)

SPECIAL FEATURES: Commentary, 8-Part Making-Of covering various parts of the film's Production and a Poster/Cover Art Gallery.

Region 1 (USA) NTSC DVD - Colour. CC. 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. Runtime: Approx 104 Mins. Rated: PG. Language: English, Portuguese & Thai 5.1. Dolby / French Surround Dolby. Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean & Thai. Special Features Not Rated. SONY 2006. ISBN # 1404945156.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home