Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Sunday, March 19, 2006

HOODWINKED - Film Review 19/3/06




Heard the dvd was out in May this year 2006; so having seen the film, I will be buying it to watch all over again and again. Starting off as the classic children's tale of "Little Red Riding Hood" it soon morph's into a parody of "The Usual Suspects" and from then on the in-jokes run riot. Iniatially I found the animation hard on the eye but as I adjusted to this scewed world it gradually lost it's grating effect and dragged me wholeheartedly into these strange character's world. Glenn Close as Granny rips it up a storm and the Triple X pisstake is a brilliant hi-light of the film. The bad guy I picked up on fairly early in the film - But I'm not telling you who it is! The caffeine high squirrel Twitchy is fantastic and along with the voice talent's of Andy Dick and David Ogden Stiers with Anthony Anderson really put on a good show. Chazz Palminteri pops up as a sheep (another "Usual Suspects" nod) and all in all I enjoyed this tale. It has a number of good elements to it and I suppose you could say it's the "modernized" version of the story for today's audience. If you want an animated film that's unusual then I'd say check this out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home