Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

THE DYING ART 16/2/06

I realised whilst writing the "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" article just how much of a dying art the Stop-Go Animation technique is and my mention of Ray Harryhausen was reflected in a scene from "The Corpse Bride" where the character's sit at a piano and the maker's nameplate on the piano reads "Harryhausen". I've a very fond spot in my heart for his work and some of his best is pictured here. I have memories of watching "Sinbad And The Eye of The Tiger" at my local Cinema and also of watching "Jack The Giant Killer" amongst other's on the TV. Most of his work is now available on DVD (Both on Region 1 and 2) and a lot have a variety of very interesting extras added. My personal favourites would have to be "The First Men In The Moon" with "Mysterious Island" and "Jack The Giant Killer". I recently met Mr. Harryhausen at an autograph show and it was unfortunate that he had ill health but was still going strong at 86. He deserves his rightful place in history as the master of his art and craftmanship.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home