Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

CURRENT ROUND-UP 14/2/06


O U T N O W : Hoping to get down to the flicks and catch both "Final Destination 3" and "Lucky Number Slevin". Saw the trailer for both and both looked entertaining. Just glad I didn't buy the 2-Disc DVD Boxset of "Final Destination" now that it's a trilogy - as I enjoyed the first two immensely.
T H E B A D : Having waited year's to get a decent copy of "DUNE : The Extended Version" the best thing I can say about it is the Collector's Metal Case - A metallic outer shell with a plastic insert. Unfortunately it's downhill from there: The disc itself is a flipper (awful!) the transfer itself is dreadful on both versions of the film and both films skip and jump. The Extended Version (TV) make's no sense what so ever and I presume that's why the Director David Lynch washed his hand's of it. The extra's give some insight's into the whole film's background - But just as it get's interesting the features end - Very frustrating indeed!
C O M I N G S O O N: Another recent trailer I ended up watching was "Ultraviolet". The director Kurt Wimmer had done "Equilibrium" which was enough to make me want to see this! Lot's of guns,explosions - The usual.
Caught the trailer for this film "Brick" recently. The trailer was so good I made an effort to find out a bit more about the film and was impressed enough to want to see it. The soundtrack's creepy and the subject matter looked chilling. Due out in March at the Cinema.

T H E G O O D :Was also very happy watching "Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride" a stunning animated film in the Ray Harryhausen tradition. A nice set of extra's fully explain just how time consuming the work was to produce this film and I had a tear in my eye by the end of it. I'm looking forward to watching "Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Wererabbit" and expect it to be in a similiar vein judging by the clips I've seen of it. "The Corpse Bride" is also available in a Collector's Edition with a book and postcards.
Having watched the first "Saw" I was happy to find out a few month's later that they intended on a sequel snappily titled "Saw 2 ". Again having now got an Unrated DVD version I was happy to sit down and watch this. I won't go into the plot otherwise it will spoil it for you - But if you enjoyed the first film this serve's up more of the same but slightly differently this time round. The best bit is they have just annouced pre-production on "Saw 3". This version come's with a clear-case cover so you can see the saw-blade disc inside - Similiar to the original "Saw" release. It also come's with a small set of extras which on the whole are very informative.

Managed to get to see "DOOM" at last with a brand spanking new copy on Region 1 of the Unrated Widescreen version on DVD. Has a nice cardboard outer sleeve to it and a nice little set of extras covering various aspects of the film. As a popcorn muncher it's vastly entertaining and as long as your in the mood for this type of action you'll enjoy it! I've kept my copy as I know I'll be watching it again. It certainly reminded me of "John Carpenter's Ghosts Of Mars" probably why I enjoyed it so much! Also in the vein of "Resident Evil" another great popcorn muncher. THE UGLY: Nothing in this current round-up (Luckily!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home