Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Friday, September 08, 2006

STARGATE ATLANTIS {2nd. Season} (DVD Review) - 8/9/06

A friend of mine Mr. Periwinkle doesn't like this spin-off from "Stargate SG-1" as he isn't happy with the characters and thinks the stories are poo - Strangely enough though my other friend Franky The Squirrel loves both "Stargate Atlantis" and the original - Much like I do! It's a pity of course that the stupid men in suits have now cancelled "Stargate SG-1" with some silly spurious excuse - So no Season Eleven! But I sure that won't stop them from wringing every penny they can out of the franchise in whatever manner they see fit? Anyway, having missed Episode 2.16. on the goggle box I got the stand alone Season 2 - Vol. 4 - Episodes 13 to 16 on single disc DVD. I hate missing episodes in a series when something vital might happen? Franky The Squirrel said it doesn't matter - But I caught him out with an episode about time travel which affected the later storyline - So yes, continuity does matter! This disc comes with a nice slew of Special Features with Audio Commentaries on all 4 episodes, 2 Featurettes covering Stunts and the character of Ronon Dex with some Production Design and a Photo's Gallery. How these Special Features stack up against the box sets of the full seasons I don't know as I've never purchased any? But I've still a missing episode from "Stargate Atlantis" Season 1 to catch up with and one from "Stargate SG-1" Season 9 as well - So more reportage when I find them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too right I don't like it - that bloody McKay is an annoying bastard !

Also, it just doesn't have the heart of SG-1.

Love,

Mr. Periwinkle

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home