Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

EDGE OF DARKNESS Film Review - 9/2/10

It would be hard to talk about this film without mentioning Mel Gibson as his is the lead role (So apart from being a major wanker) we will ignore him and concentrate on the film. Martin Campbell basically remake's the TV series he directed back in the 80's as a full-length feature film instead of a 6-part TV show from the BBC. Gibson having bought the rights many years ago plays the part of a cop whose daughter is killed mistakenly instead of him - But then it turns out he wasn't the target at all and the mystery deepens? Transposing the action from Scotland to the States doesn't affect the tale in any way but all it adds is some graphic violence and the usual cover-up thriller - Really I can't say that I was impressed - A pedestrian tired thriller. The one thing I can say though was at one point I expected something to happen (It did!) but I still (Literally!) jumped out of my seat with an oath I think was 'Shit!' then my heart calmed down and that was the jumpy-moment over - At least I didn't spill any popcorn.

POPCORN RATING:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home