Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Monday, September 03, 2007

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA {3rd. Season} (DVD Review) - 3/9/07

I am stunned at what a fantastic effort has been made with the release of this latest season of "Battlestar Galactica" with it being released here in the UK first instead of the US. Six discs coming in 3 slimline cases with an advertising booklet plus a 42 minute Feature "fluff" piece on the previous mini-series & First & Second seasons. So really no effort at all in justifying a price of £50 - No booklet or cover synopsis on any of the episodes, no real Special Features - What contempt! I can understand the flawed humanity and wanting to be human, why are we here, how do we make sense of things, what is it that makes us human, what depravity we can sink to and what heights we can reach, how we can wallow in the mess or stretch for the stars - But some of these episodes were really dull and one in particular made out that all a strong, confident woman would need was a baby to make their life complete - Utter sexist, misogynistic crap! Another consisted of boxing and flashbacks as the participants beat the tar out of each other physically and then beat ten barrels of shit out of each other emotionally. Hammering the same points over and over again (Most being totally predictable!) some episodes hit right on the mark - But I want my sci-fi soft and fuzzy - Not in my face all the time as everything goes down the pan. Far to realistic for my liking and feeling like I'm watching elements of my own life flashing past - I don't want to feel uncomfortable - I want to enjoy my viewing pleasure and this isn't it! I need salvation and resolution to the questions asked I hope I get my answers? Luckily I've been told the Fourth Season is the last - Let's pray to the Gods Of Cobalt that it is....














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home