Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Saturday, August 11, 2007

THE I INSIDE (DVD Review) - 11/8/07

The back cover blurb on the back of this DVD interested me about a guy who wakes up from a car accident and finds he can slip through time from the year 2000 to the year 2002. Coming awake with sullen people around him in a freaky looking hospital wondering what is going on as a Doctor attempts an explanation of the situation. As you gradually get drawn into the film you wonder if it is a plot to drive this person insane and gain his inheritance, or is it a ghost story or some form of con? Is it a murder mystery or what? When the time travelling kicks in it's hard to keep track of the different threads unless you watch closely and then it falls apart with a dissatisfying ending. It was only after doing some further digging on the film (after feeling frustrated) that I then realised the film I had been watching wasn't what I thought I had been watching at all. Then of course all the pieces fell into place. It then makes you wonder just how long two minutes can be on a certain level and about the nature of time? I'm sorry that I watched this film as a time filler instead of concentrating on it properly because it is so subtle you miss it if you don't pay enough attention. Having spoilt the surprise by wasting the opportunity first time around I advise others to watch this confusing gem and go into it with eyes wide open.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home