Stinky Pig's Vortex Of Movie Madness

A plethora of news, reviews and rumours (and some gossip) regarding the world of Cinematic Experience and probably DVD's as well! (Don't forget TV and Cable?)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

RUMOUR HAS IT...? 30/5/06


More than just a rumour actually! It has taken a good few years after the original James Bond Special Editions (Single Disc) to finally see the light of day as 2-Disc Ultimate Editions. I was very annoyed when they released the original series as although the single-disc set was impressive with it's Special Features and Extensive Booklets from "Dr. No" to "Live And Let Die" were all in a Mono Soundtrack form and the Image Transfer was also very poor - so I only purchased copies from "The Man With The Golden Gun" to "The World Is Not Enough" and buying "Die Another Day" separately when it was released as a 2-Disc set. Now at last I get the proper editions I've wanted with revamped 5.1. Soundtracks and all painstakingly restored digitally frame-by-frame. The covers have (as you can see) also been re-designed and all will be available from "Dr. No" to "Die Another Day" as James Bond Ultimate Editions (2-Disc) from 17/7/06 either as individual releases (around £12 each) or you can buy the lot in a massive Attache Case Set for around £200. (This is the Region 2 (UK) release - No date on any other Regions as yet?)






You keep hearing all these rumours about Daniel Craig as Bond and having just seen the trailer I don't know what all the fuss is about? It's obviously just another use of Ian Fleming's story title with a totally different story - Much like when they made "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker". He seems to be fine in the role with lots of action, stunts and so on - It seems like business as usual to me? I can't comment on the film until I've seen it - But I've already added it to my DVD to buy list if that's any consolation?


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home